Can't compile from source, i18npool project segfaults with parallel build

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Mar 16 05:08:12 PDT 2012

Hi there,

On Fri, 2012-03-16 at 07:03 +0400, uh.linux at gmail.com wrote:
> I'm trying to build LibreOffce 3.5 and 3.5.1 from source, but build always
> failed with i18npool project. I'm using parallel build. Same build script
> compiles 3.4.5 and older versions. Tested with x86 and x86_64 machine. GCC
> 4.5.2. Making with -j1 in i18npool wokks, but automatic building whole
> suite

	Wow - that is bad :-) so - of course, we'd love to fix that properly.
Do you get a core-dump that can be analysed ? which tool crashes ? can
you do:

	$ ulimit -c unlimited

	and reproduce the problem, then poke at the result of running 'strings'
on the core-dump (or whatever means you like) to work out what went
wrong and where ?

> with -j1 takes very long time. Can anybody confirm this? What
> additional information is needed?

	As above would be good, and yes -j1 is really not ideal :-) I wonder
what is causing that.

	Are you certain you have the latest gnumake version 3.82 ? there are
known bugs in older versions :-)

	Thanks !

		Michael.