minutes of ESC call 2012-03-15 1500 UTC

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Fri Mar 16 09:23:02 PDT 2012

Hi,

On Friday, 2012-03-16 12:39:32 +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:

> On Thu, 2012-03-15 at 19:07 +0100, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> > AA:     + announce very loudly if the call changes slot in UTC timezone
> >           (Michael)
>
> 	So - it's a good time to think about a new time.
>
> >         + 17:00 local might be preferable to quite a few (Eike)
> > AA:             + is that 1700 CET or CEST? (1600UTC or 1500UTC)

Actually 16:00 local time, as some of us will have another call on 17:00
CEST (actually that call follows US time but that's already in DST
mode), so if we wanted to keep old schedule in European local time the
ESC call should be 14:00 UTC now.

> 	That sounds like a good thing to look at; but of course we'd need to
> get a poll that 'actually works (TM)' wrt. the staggered daylight
> savings nightmare over the next 2 weeks.

There's only one call left on Mar-22 that's in the "in-between-DST"
days (CEST starts Mar-25 in most countries), changing that and again
change from Mar-29 on calls for more confusion than keeping a possibly
unfortunate schedule for Mar-22.

> 	It'd be great to get something that Rene can join if that's possible,
> Eike - any chance you could setup a doodle (or other) poll - located at
> a date safely after the changes in April say - for a new time preferably
> stil on Thursday (?) :-)

Done, http://moreganize.com/bgxbvmFxmDl

  Eike

GnuPG key 0x293C05FD : 997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD