About buggy behaviour which disappear when previous LO/OOo is removed
serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Sun Mar 18 14:15:01 PDT 2012
I try to help a little on bugs triaging or on IRC and found that quite a lot
of buggy behaviours could be resolved if previous LO/OOo profile was removed
(or backup if needed).
(eg : https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=45928)
In these cases, people are glad that the buggy behaviour isn't reproduced
but they don't understand why they have to do this whereas it's not
mentionned (or I missed it ?) in doc.
So here are some points.
1) why are there regularly problems with previous profile ? (perhaps it's
normal and can be easily explained so do not see any critics here, it's just
to understand and to inform people during bugs triaging)
2) should we add something in the doc like if troubleshooting ?
For example, to have more info on a bug, I suggest regularly these hints :
- try to remove/backup your LO profile
- disable any extensions for the test (I saw recently a pb which was in fact
due to Duden Korrector)
- do they reproduce the pb with brand new doc
- disable accessibility options if on Mac (quite new in my list, thank you
Alex :-) )
3) what can we do to allow a smoother LO upgrading :
detect problems with previous profile and :
- either to propose to bypass these + and to put default values
- backup previous profile and create a new one (of course the user should be
informed during the process)
(did I find a Gsoc subject ? :-) )
PS : I thought about posting on doc/user but I wanted first devs opinions.
View this message in context: http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/About-buggy-behaviour-which-disappear-when-previous-LO-OOo-is-removed-tp3837359p3837359.html
Sent from the Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the LibreOffice