Build failure on Windows/MSVC because of embedserv

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Sun Mar 18 23:33:02 PDT 2012

On Monday 19 of March 2012, Matúš Kukan wrote:
> On 18 March 2012 21:03, Lubos Lunak <l.lunak at suse.cz> wrote:
> >  MSVC/Windows build fails at the very end with an error about emserlo.dll
> > missing, probably caused by the recent embedserv conversion to gbuild. As
> > this is seem to be build-system related, I'm at loss. Since there
> > currently doesn't seem to be any usable MSVC tinderbox, I've pasted at
> > http://pastebin.ca/2129689 the log for 'make'
>
> hopefully fixed by
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=46dbbe4bc1d53f1e38f
>c7c407f6d5b5ebb2ae708

 Yes, that works, thanks. My first successfully finished Windows/MSVC build,
now where's the champagne :) ?

> The problem with Windows builds is that build sometimes freezes.
> I don't know how to debug that. There were dmake, make, perl
> processes 'running' but with 0% CPU consuming.
> Maybe also Voreppe suffers from this.

 Oh, I see. I've already noticed this myself, and that's a good explanation
for Voreppe's (lack of) builds. That's a rather bad bug for tinderbox builds,
and we really could use a tinderbox watching over our commits breaking the
MSVC build (I think I fixed 5 MSVC regressions last week at the very least).

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz