[REVIEW][3-5][PUSHED] fdo#42750 sw: thin table borders hidden by subsidiary lines

Cedric Bosdonnat cbosdonnat at suse.com
Tue Mar 20 04:19:18 PDT 2012

Hi Michael,

On Fri, 2012-03-16 at 23:29 +0100, Michael Stahl wrote:
> this fix introduces a new array to store the borders and paints them
> after the subsidiary lines are done, effectively on top of the
> subsidiary lines.
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=804d0a896731629397c5328c13c04a45bc55f459

Thanks for the patch. I apologize as I should have done that a lot
earlier. I cherry-picked and pushed it to -3-5.

> there is quite a bit of complex stuff going on in paintfrm.cxx with
> border lines and subsidiary lines, e.g. the subsidiary lines are
> actually checked and the ones that overlap with border lines are removed
> and never painted, but unfortunately that does not work with the new way
> the border lines are painted (via drawinglayer), and so i'm not sure if
> there are not even more problems here.
>
> i've also tried to avoid adding a new global variable by adding a
> parameter to some methods, but it turned out it would be necessary to
> add this to SwFrm::Paint, which is overridden in a boatload of
> subclasses, so i didn't like have that in -3-5.

I'ld even love to get rid of that subsidiary lines delaying. and paint
everything in the proper Paint methods. That would ease (and clean up)
that code a bit and make borders painting a bit more understandable by
newcomers.

--
Cedric