Questions about Bug 33773 (chart)

Thorsten Behrens tbehrens at suse.com
Thu Mar 22 02:43:57 PDT 2012

Markus Mohrhard wrote:
> Thorsten, is there a preferable namespace for our custom
> elements/properties? Something like libo:?

Hi there,

if you implement ODF extensions, please also update

 http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/ODF_Implementer_Notes

with as much information as possible.

As for the namespace, we have a healthy mixture there, what I
generally like better than individual product names is something
like 'calcext', 'chartext', 'msointerop' etc -

Also note that the namespace prefix is ~arbitrary, every odf
producer can pick whatever it likes - the namespace urn is what
counts, e.g. something like

 urn:org:documentfoundation:names:experimental:<my_fancy_subsystem>:xmlns:<prefix>:1.0

looks appropriate - or, if you want to publish some actual content
(RDDL or whatnot) about your new namespace, an actual url like

 http://xml-names.documentfoundation.org/bleh/blah

would work (personally, I'd go with the former, though).

HTH,

--

Thorsten Behrens