fdo#46808 - [Easy Hack] Adapt UNO services - suggestion for change

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon Mar 26 05:10:42 PDT 2012

On 03/26/2012 01:46 PM, Noel Grandin wrote:
> By my count, there are approx ~200 IDL files that need to be modified
> (list attached).
>
> Is it possible that rather than modifying all of these IDL files, we could
> modify the IDLC compiler to look for this pattern and emit new-style
> Foo::create constructors?

I would prefer to keep the change explicit.  (At least theoretically,
there might be cases where one does not want to do the conversion; e.g.,
cf. the com.sun.star.uri.UriSchemeParser_* services.)

> Alternatively, does the IDLC compiler emit both and old and new-style
> constructors when the service IDL is changed, in which case can I do the
> IDL files conversion in one giant commit?

Note that converting a service from old-style to new-style does not
/require/ call sites to be adapted.  It merely /allows/ to do so.

Stephan