Cppcheck reports "Logical conjunction always evaluates to false" in text_gfx.cxx

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Mon Mar 26 07:32:41 PDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-03-26 at 18:03 +0400, Ivan Timofeev wrote:
> Hi Julien,
>
> On 24.03.2012 03:26, julien2412 wrote:
> > Just for the update, is there anybody who could help about this ?
>
> I am not expert, too, but looking at vcl/source/gdi/sallayout.cxx:115
> and http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/UFF00.pdf I'd say that the
> condition should be at least
>    (nChar >= 0xff5b && nChar < 0xff64 )
>                  ^
> However, I do not know why this implementation (in text_gfx.cxx) differs
> from sallayout.cxx.

Quite probably the one in text_gfx.cxx lived in a different toplevel
"psprint" modules ages ago, and got moved into vcl when that module
finally got merged into vcl. There was loads of sort-of-duplicated stuff
between psprint and vcl.

I say we just merge the two things together like so...

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=7d6656addebcaec4f8873e4a611a970a224a7bf5

C.