[PUSHED 3.5] Re: [PUSHED] Re: Disabling dependency tracking (Re: [Libreoffice-commits] .: solenv/gbuild)

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon Mar 26 08:31:19 PDT 2012

On Monday 26 of March 2012, Matúš Kukan wrote:
> I would not do that so quickly. gbuild does not seem to be ready for
> --disable-dependency-tracking.
> If you get error in i18npool or something like
> http://tinderbox.libreoffice.org/cgi-bin/gunzip.cgi?tree=MASTER&brief-log=1
>332734401.27413#38535 try to remove --disable-dependency-tracking.
> Some problems are fixed in master but some still not and I also
> suspect this to be the reason
> why randomly failing sal_rtl_strings test fails more often now. (this
> may be paranoid)

 I have fixed sal_rtl_strings, which was a missing explicit dependency, but
there are others. Linux-Fedora15-x86_64_4-gcc-4.6-dbgutil tinderbox now
repeatedly fails:

[ build srs ] /builds/tinderbox/libo-master/svx/inc/globlmn_tmpl.hrc
[ build PKG ] svx_globlmn_hrc
[ build
srs ] /builds/tinderbox/libo-master/basctl/source/basicide/basicprint.src
cpp: line 31, Fatal error: Cannot open include file "svx/svxids.hrc"
#include <svx/svxids.hrc>
file /builds/tinderbox/libo-master/workdir/unxlngx6/SrsPartMergeTarget/basctl/source/basicide/basicprint.src,
line 28:
#include <basidesh.hrc>
make[1]: ***
Error 1
dmake:  Error code 2, while making 'all'
ERROR: error 65280 occurred while
making /builds/tinderbox/libo-master/tail_build/prj

 I don't know what the problem is exactly or how to fix it. I assume this is
because of the solver (or whatever is called the system that for whatever
strange reason copies .h files to another location). I do not think
svx/svxids.hrc needs any special dependency, as the file exists in git, it's
just that basctl/ can't find it. Either a dependency that copies the .h file
needs to be used even with --disable-dependency-tracking (if there's one), or
there needs to be an early invoked make target that copies everything that
should be copied, or this .h copying idea needs to be dropped.

 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz