Build failure in helpcontent2

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 18:32:46 PDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 3:07 PM, Mark Stanton <mark at vowleyfarm.co.uk> wrote:
> My initial build fails complaining
>
> Processing en-US
> ./../unxlngx6.pro/misc/en-US/shared.tree is illformed xml ( on
> linux)
>
> I've looked at the xml, and the file it is (presumably?) derived from
> in helpcontent2/source/auxiliary and it looks alright to me.
>
> Anyone know why it's failing?  Something to do with Perl p'raps?
>
> I've followed all the "How to build LO" instructions up to this
> point, having cloned the repo then checked out the 3.5 branch.

what is the output of
./g branch

(iow did you checkout branch 3-5 on  clone/help  too ?)

For the record, the easiest way is to clone the repo. autogen on
master do make fectht odownload all the dep, including the other git
repos needed, and _then_
do ./g checkout -b  to checkout another branch than master

since I suspect that was not the case, and that the repos in clone/*
are sill on master, you need to run

./g -f checkout -b xxxxx   (the same command you used to checkout the
3.5 branch except using ./g instead of git and -f to make ./g continue
despite core being already on the 'right' branch)

Norbert