initializing extensions in daily from Master slooow

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 19:25:37 PDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 8:24 AM, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at suse.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2012-03-28 at 10:04 +0200, Cor Nouws wrote:
>> Indeed ;-) See issue fdo#47983
>
>        Which comes down to combination of problems:
>
>        * of not easily being able to push more information into the
>          file ucb to be able to flag that we want to call osl_syncFile
>          at just-this-one-place (saving a document), due to some
>          "shove arguments into a struct into an any" design - or
>          perhaps I'm missing something.
>
>        * the desktop/ migration code heavily using UCB.
>
>        * the desktop/ migration code being write-happy, and
>          re-writing the same couple of files 40 times or so
>          each ;-) [ and this is before the berkely database
>          cruft ]
>
>        So - unclear how to deal with that really. A very quick, very ugly hack
> would be to stop the file ucp doing it's (new) sync if the path is
> in /tmp or in your configuration ( I suppose ). Not at all beautiful,
> but functional.

or you could actually call sync() directly from the save() method once
your done with your writing (*),
that push up some implementation details... but that still would be a
less ugly than the hack above

Norbert

(*) I'm assuming here that this sync really matter only when saving
'documents'... and that we could live without it for other write...