Headless for everything in build? (Re: [Libreoffice-commits] .: hwpfilter/CppunitTest_hwpfilter_test_hwpfilter.mk)

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Thu Mar 29 12:43:20 PDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-03-29 at 16:56 +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  Is there any need to run UI stuff during build? IOW, can't we simply globally
> force using headless for everything during build?

Unix has the env SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=svp which would force headless mode.
Though I don't think macosx or windows honors that, hence the --headless

I'm not sure why e.g. the fairly simple hwpfilter test, or any of them
really, would end up triggering anything UI-related. I guess there might
be some painful-to-fix assumption somewhere that tries to create a
dialog or render some text into a drawable and want to query the
desktop-settings for the default fontoptions on the system or some such
which cascades out of control.

C.