build failure: sc_ucalc.test - cppunittester abort trap (core dumped)

R Skinner rocky at herveybayaustralia.com.au
Thu Mar 29 04:29:33 PDT 2012

[I tried at the users list but was advised I should post here instead]

Hi, I'm new here, and I'm driven here by desperation. I'm trying to
build libreoffice-3.4.5.2 on FreeBSD and it is failing the testing
stage. I'm running out of time for a client to pick up, so I need to fix
this now and I need some pointers on how to figure out whats wrong here.

This is on a unit not on the network, so this output has been copied by
hand:

Module 'scripting' delivered successfully. 0 files copied, 28 files
unchanged
gb_LinkTarget_add_library_objects,CppunitTest/libtest_sc_ucalc.so,Library/libscfb.so

gb_LinkTarget_add_linktarget_objects,CppunitTest/libtest_sc_ucalc.so,Library/libscfb.so

[ build ALL ] top level modules: sc
[ build ALL ] loaded modules: sc
[ build CUT ] sc_ucalc
Abort trap (core dumped)
'com::sun::star::uno::RuntimeException'
gmake[1]: ***
[/usr/ports/editors/libreoffice/work/libreoffice-bootstrap-3.4.5.2/solver/340/unxfbsd.pro/workdir/CppunitTest/sc_ucalc.test]
Error 1
dmake: Error code 2, while making 'all'
[ build ALL ] top level modules: sw
[ build ALL ] loaded modules: sw
[ build CHK ] loaded modules: sw
[ build LOG ] sw
sw deliver
deliver -- version: 275594
Module 'sw' delivered successfully. 0 files copied, 1 files unchanged

[build error message]

internal build errors:

ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making
/usr/ports/editors/libreoffice/work/libreoffice-bootstrap-3.4.5.2/sd/qa/unit
ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making
/usr/ports/editors/libreoffice/work/libreoffice-bootstrap-3.4.5.2/sc/prj

[ standard fix message ]

rm -Rf
/usr/ports/editors/libreoffice/work/libreoffice-bootstrap-3.4.5.2/sd/unxfbsd.pro
# optional module 'clean'
/usr/local/bin/bash
cd /usr/ports/editors/libreoffice/work/libreoffice-bootstrap-3.4.5.2
source ./FreeBSDAMDEnv.Set.sh
cd sd
build

So I follow the instructions and under "start unit test #1 on library
../../unxfbsd.pro/lib/libqa_unit.so":

'com::sun::star::uno::RuntimeException'
/usr/local/bin/bash: line 1: 70633 Abort trap: 6 (core dumped) [ more
data output (remember I'm copying by hand) ]
dmake: Error code 134, while making 'test'

[ standard error message - again ]

internal build errors:

ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making
/usr/ports/editors/libreoffice/work/libreoffice-bootstrap-3.4.5.2/sd/qa/unit

it seems that the error is inside 'sd', please rerun build inside this
module to isolate the error and/or test your fix:
[ standard fix message - again ]

This is all very well, but I have no idea where to go from here. I tried
examining the core dumps (when I found them), but all I get is:

#0 0x00000008016bca7c in ??

I cannot get anymore information to help debug the problem. I ran make
with -DDISABLE_MAKE_JOBS and -DDEBUGCPPUNIT to no avail. I checked if
$LANG and friends are set - no.

What pagan ritual do I need to perform to find out whats wrong? Or
better yet - whats wrong?

Cheers