Build breaks, likely somewhere in linking

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Mar 30 01:40:29 PDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-03-30 at 01:11 +0200, Matúš Kukan wrote:
> On 29 March 2012 22:56, Regina Henschel <rb.henschel at t-online.de> wrote:
> > build breaks, I have attached the build_error.log. I have run "make build"
> > twice to make sure, that it not a simple timing problem.
>
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/c', needed by
> `/cygdrive/c/git/LO36APR/workdir/wntmsci12/CxxObject/extensions/source/propctrlr/browserlistbox.o'.
>  Stop.
> does not look good. I can't imagine where /c came from.

	So - I -think- /c is a truncated /cygdrive/... probably from a
generated .d dependency file.

	Quite possibly either the gcc generation of these, or the concatenation
of them is not as robust as it could be to being aborted mid-flow (you
have enough free disk-space right ? :-).

	Anyhow - if we can chase that down:

	grep -R browserlistbox.o core/workdir

	might give some a handful of hits, and by running 'tail' on them all
you could see whether they are truncated perhaps ? if that is the case
we can dig in the gnumake dependency rules and/or the deps simplifier /
concatenator to see if that is the problem.

	Thanks !

		Michael.