Fwd: [tdf-discuss] LibreOffice Version Mismatch/Conflict

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Fri Mar 30 08:32:30 PDT 2012

Andras Timar píše v So 24. 03. 2012 v 16:30 +0100:
> Hi Petr,
> See the mail below. Is there a reason why we don't update VERSIONMICRO
> in solenv/inc/minor.mk?

I am not sure what the version is for. I remember that we updated some
version in this file and it broke some import/export hacks for backward

For example, see the check for nUPD == 350 in the recent commit

I am not sure what exact version string affects getBuildIds() function.
I just know that we need to be careful with modifying versions in that
minor.mk :-)

Ugh, the versioning is a real mess. The versions are defined on many
locations and used different ways. It is a good candidate for general
cleanup. Whoever would like to dig into it, please step up.

Best Regards,