LO Help

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Thu May 3 03:49:37 PDT 2012

Hi Italo,

Italo Vignoli píše v Čt 03. 05. 2012 v 12:09 +0200:

> Actually, the wiki I have been pointed to by Regina is the OOo
> documentation wiki, which is a useful reference but not LO Help Wiki.
>
> The links are the following:
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Calc:_Functions_listed_by_category
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Calc:_Functions_listed_alphabetically
>
> If you send me the links to LO Help Wiki, I can dig further to check if
> there are other problems. I feel that the situation of the help is a
> huge mess anyway, because of inconsistencies between sources.
>
> If LO Help Wiki is a conversion of the help files, the inconsistencies
> apply, and the information are missing.

I see, sorry for the misunderstanding.  Yes, LO wikihelp is a conversion
of the help files, so as such, the inconsistencies apply the same way as
for the 'plain' LO help.

> For instance, on OOo documentation wiki all functions have a "see also"
> section, which in the help files is there (sometimes partially) but
> hidden as a <comment>.
>
> I would like to improve help files by reducing inconsistencies and
> adding missing contents which are available elsewhere (documentation),
> or making hidden contents visible, but I feel that - given the help
> structure, which is rather weird - it would be impossible to get to a
> satisfactory stage (but to my eyes an improved help is better than a bad
> help).

That's great, thank you so much for working on that - whatever
improvement in the area of Help is much appreciated!

All the best,
Kendy