italic display of regular fonts in menu

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed May 9 08:41:47 PDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-04-24 at 14:38 +0200, Steve White wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Can anybody tell me why the names of a few font families, which have
> regular, italic, bold, and oblique styles, appears in the Writer's
> font list in italics?
>
> The affected fonts include
>  "Century Schoolbook L", TLWGMono, "URW Palladio L"

svtools/source/control/ctrltool.cxx ImplCompareFontInfo take every font
face with the same name and orders them by weight first, and then
posture. The font dropdown renders the first in that list. Those fonts
have Italic faces of weight 80 while their "Normal"/"Roman" faces are of
weight 100, so the italics get sorted first in the list.

The same ordering is used for format->character, there'll you see for
e.g. "Century Schoolbook L" that the styles are in order of Italic,
Roman while for e.g. Gentium Basic they're in order Regular, Italic

I've changed this now with
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=c7a9318f08e08a35f2784bf8d06f62031649b24e so the dropdown should show an upright, where available, face now

C.