[libreoffice-marketing] LibreOffice developer digest

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Thu May 10 08:11:00 PDT 2012

Cor Nouws píše v Út 08. 05. 2012 v 16:40 +0200:
> Thorsten Behrens wrote (08-05-12 12:42)
>
> > yeah, $subject is not new, but I thought I would run this idea past
> > you folks here again. ;)
> >
> > It would be just wonderful, if we could have a weekly digest on the
> > TDF blog highlighting what has happened in developer land, in
> > layman's terms. Examples of what I have in mind:
> >

> I have some 10-15 items collected already. Waiting for next step in
> handling...

Wonderful. Could you please cut&paste them? I wonder how they look like.

BTW: How did you collect them? The following ways come to my mind:

	+ git changelog:
		+ not easy; it used to be 500 commits per week when I
                  did the statistics;
                + well, a good reader might be able to find some gold
                  there "just" by checking the 500 lines of subjects

	+ developer mailing list:
		+ many people already read it
		+ it does not mention features done by core developers
                  that have write access to git
		+ also it does not mention interesting stuff from other
                  areas (QA, user interface, ...)

	+ changes at
          http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/3.5
		+ easy to see diff from last week
		+ developers are lazy to document their features there

Best Regards,
Petr