minutes of ESC call ...

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Fri May 18 01:04:41 PDT 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 08:32:47AM +0200, David Tardon wrote:
> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 09:00:51PM +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
> > 	+ 3.6 status
> > 		+ connectivity, reportreader, shell, scp2
> > 			+ will enable adding 10-12 modules to tail_build.
> > 			+ will merge next week, in time for 3.6
>
> I should clarify this item a bit for the people who did not attend the
> call: it is about gbuild conversions I have done recently but have not
> merged into master yet. So it would be better phrased as:
>
>     + pending gbuild conversions: connectivity, reportbuilder, shell, scp2
>         + ...

And there are some numbers regarding gbuild conversions (inferred from
my current master checkout with a bit of help from
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Build_System/Module_status):

modules: 219 + 4*[1]
converted: 120 + 1*[2]
    - internal: 119 + 1
    - external: 1*[3]
not converted: 83 + 1*[4]
    - internal: 18 + 1*[5]
    - external: 65*[6]
ignored: 4 + 1*[7]
nothing to convert: 2*[8]
special: 5*[9]
pending: 4*[A]
in progress: 1 + 1*[B]

*1 X + Y means X modules from repository core, Y modules from other repositories
*2 about 35 of these came from OO.o
*3 the lucky winner is clucene :-)
*4 these do not include pending and in-progress conversions
*5 including guw and migrationanalysis, which may not be relevant anymore
*6 including lucene, which can be probably removed now
*7 autodoc, cosv, dmake, udm + binfilter
*8 distro-configs, icon-themes
*9 android, ios, cross_tail_build, cross_toolset, tail_build
*A connectivity, reportbuilder, scp2, shell
*B testtools + helpcontent2

It is plain to see we are finishing internal modules, which is nice :-)
On the other side, we still need to come up with a viable way for
converting external projects.

D.