[Libreoffice-commits] .: 2 commits - configure.in README.cross

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Sat May 19 21:43:42 PDT 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 4:39 AM, David Tardon <dtardon at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 11:59:40AM +0300, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
>> > Why not? Changing the inner configure call to
>> >
>> > ./configure `cat configure.lastrun.build`
>>
>> Sure, but then there would be a discrepancy with how autogen.lastrun
>> works. Or should we realize already that autogen.lastrun isn't
>> actually valued by developers as a "backup copy" of their last
>> autogen.sh parameters, but it is seen as a precious input file, edited
>> and certainly not intended to get over-written... and remove the code
>> to (re)write it from autogen.sh?
>
> TBH, I already forgot it _is_ overwritten :-/ I cannot even remember the
> last time I run autogen.sh with options... So I am all for treating it
> as input file unchangeable by autogen.sh.
>
>> Anyway, I am not opposed to this
>> idea. I would perhaps call it configure.args.build (and
>> configure.args.host, if we remove the "backup copy" aspect)?
>
> I like that.

Advance notice would be appreciated so that I can find a way to adapt
tinderbuild2

Right know I use autogen.lastrun to set each profile autogen.sh
variable by copying a reference file into autogen.lastrun,
before running autogen.sh

iow: I need a way to detect, before autogen.sh, that autogen.lastrun
is not used anymore and add the code to deal with whatever the
replacement is, in tinbuild2, before the change is committed,
otherwise that will break most tinderboxes...

Norbert