loader.loadComponentFromURL works slow when we are restoring CALC sheet from byte array | loader.loadComponentFromURL

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon May 21 01:28:25 PDT 2012

Hi there,

On Mon, 2012-05-21 at 10:59 +0400, libreoffice.ge at gmail.com wrote:
> We use OpenOffice.org 3.2.1 Library  to   restore   OOO | LO  CALC
> sheet  from byte array and have issue  with the performance while
> using loader.loadComponentFromURL("private:stream", "_default", 0,
> args)  :

	Oh - wow, 3.2.1 is pretty old :-) One rather good way to improve
performance, should be to move to using a much more recent build, say
LibreOffice 3.5.4rc1.

> I have to get XComponent object and i do it with following code:

	I assume this is from C++ (?) anything else would of course cause tons
of bridging overhead in the streams.

> The problem is that loader.loadComponentFromURL("private:stream",
> "_default", 0, args); method needs 2 - 4 seconds which is not
> acceptable. If anyone knows how to improve performance, please reply.

	There is ongoing work to accelerate import; what format of what is in
your byte array ? is it ODF ? 2-4 seconds sounds a lot of time - do you
have a LibreOffice instance around - ie. have you started up the suite
before that, and that's just the load time ?

	HTH,

		Michael.