css::uno::DeploymentException

Terrence Enger tenger at iseries-guru.com
Mon May 21 16:18:01 PDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-05-21 at 23:22 +0200, Michael Stahl wrote:

> you are probably running into this problem, which can be resolved by
> deleting something from your user profile:
>
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.devel/28734

Heh, heh, heh.  When I was watching the exceptions roll by in gdb, I
wrote myself a note (just in case I run out of things to do <grin/>)
to look into the four exceptions css::uno::RuntimeException thrown
from xmlreader::XmlReader::XmlReader( ... ) with message text "missing
whitespace before attribute in " and naming files ...

    .config/libreoffice/3/user/uno_packages/cache/registry/com.sun.star.comp.deployment.component.PackageRegistryBackend/common.rdb

    .config/libreoffice/3/user/uno_packages/cache/registry/com.sun.star.comp.deployment.component.PackageRegistryBackend/Linux_x86.rdb

    .config/libreoffice/3/user/extensions/bundled/registry/com.sun.star.comp.deployment.component.PackageRegistryBackend/common_.rdb

    .config/libreoffice/3/user/extensions/bundled/registry/com.sun.star.comp.deployment.component.PackageRegistryBackend/Linux_x86_.rdb

Each of the these files looks like it has binary data, and each was
last changed at least several months ago.  What, I wondered, *should*
these files be doing for LibreOffice?

So, I have moved those four files away, and both localbuilt LO and LO
provided with ubuntu-natty run normally; neither recreates any of the
four files.

Now, if only I can remember what bug I wanted a new LO for hacking on!

Thank you, Michael, for your help.
Terry.