3.5.3rc1 win32 / debug package ...

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Wed May 23 06:11:54 PDT 2012

bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com píše v Pá 18. 05. 2012 v 22:22 +0200:
> On Thu, 2012-05-10 at 12:13 +0200, Jesús Corrius wrote:
> > In any case, the right way to do it would be to automatically generate
> > all PDBs for each released version, for example in: solver\wntmsci.pro\pdb.
> > Then we put those generated PDBs online at symbols.libreoffice.org.
> >> I think first we should have the symbol server for Jesus' debug build.
> >> Or he should publish the PDB files along with the installer.
>
> Hello.
> I am Windows user interested in helping confirming UNCONFIRMED and
> other crash bug reports on b.f.o.
> Please set up the symbol server and even source server just as Mozilla did.
> This will help people without strong programming knowledge to just run
> the WinDbg,
> download the symbols/source, catch a crasher and fill complete bug reports
> for Windows platform with source excerpt included.

I remember that it has been discussed on the ESC meeting two weeks ago
or so. I do not remember the conclusion. I know that we want it. I am
not sure if we have a volunteer who could do the work.

> And all that without setting up build environment to generate symbols
> and source access for WinDbg on their own.
>
> Links to Mozilla pages, where all this is well documented:
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en/How_to_get_a_stacktrace_with_WinDbg
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Using_the_Mozilla_symbol_server
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Using_the_Mozilla_source_server
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Debugging_a_minidump

Nice pointers.

> Currently there is only
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/How_to_debug article
> and screencast by Jesús Corrius on YouTube - sadly without step by
> step wiki article about it.

The wikipage would be really helpful. Have you managed to get it working
by the screencast? Would you mind to describe the steps on the wiki? Do
not be afraid. It need not be perfect. Anyone could improve the text in
the future.

> Please consider. Always you can ask the friendly guys at Mozilla how
> to set this all up...

Thanks for tip.

Best Regards,
Petr