ODS import with merged cells

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Sat May 26 03:57:15 PDT 2012

Hi Daniel,

On Sat, 2012-05-26 at 03:36 -0500, Daniel Bankston wrote:
> I pushed my changes to ScXMLTableRowCellContext::DoMerge() where I have
> removed the ScDocFunc layer and simplified the whole method in general.

	Oh - hmm. So - for the collaborative editing work we need a clean
interface between user input (controller) and the model. So far we're
using the ScDocFunc for that, and at least we need to intercept all UI
editing at some suitably granular level through there.

	Of course for file-filters we don't want people to go through there so
- that's fine ;-) but it'd be good not to start a "get rid of ScDocFunc"
jihad in general [IMHO etc.].

> Also, ScXMLTableRowCellContext::IsMerged() and the unmerge portion of
> ScXMLTableRowCellContext::DoMerge() that existed before this latest
> commit seem to have no purpose during import.

	:-)

> After these changes, I can still successfully compile and pass sc unit
> tests.  Also, when I manually run calc and open a spreadsheet with
> merged cells, I see that the file is imported correctly.

	Sounds lovely to me.

	All the best,

		Michael.