modules removal surprises

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Fri Nov 9 01:01:19 PST 2012

On 11/08/2012 08:46 PM, Michael Stahl wrote:
> stlport is only necessary for compatibility of existing extensions that
> may be linked against it; it is no longer used by LO code.

So is a welcome candidate for orderly removal.  Like announcing its
planned removal with LO 4.0 and actually removing it with 4.1.  (It can
already be considered deprecated for quite a while, so I would not mind
removing it already in 4.0, either, if need be.  For authors of old
extensions, all that should be necessary is to rebuild them with a
recent SDK.)

If there are no objections, I'll take care of the 4.0-announcment,
4.1-removal plan.

Stephan