Java/SWING + VCL / X crasher ...

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Fri Nov 30 02:17:37 PST 2012

On 11/29/2012 05:36 PM, Andrew Haley wrote:
> On 11/29/2012 04:34 PM, Michael Meeks wrote:
>> 	If you want java working, it is necessary to run javaldx, which finds
>> the JRE and sets the right LD_LIBRARY_PATH nastiness to make that work
>> (IIRC), and that is now spawned by the ooquickstart.
>
> Aha!  I'm going to need to tweak that to use the Java I just built.
> Good to know, thanks.

One would hope that recent JRE installations would not need that hack
any more.  It was necessary as the JREs traditionally lacked proper
runpath settings so that their various dynamic libraries would not find
each other (esp. the libmawt.so in the headless, xawt, subdirectories,
IIRC).

(I filed a Sun bug ages ago, and it took ages to get addressed, and I
likely lost any pointers to it by now, but it might well be that we
could do without that javaldx hack these days.)

Stephan