FDO Permissions

bfo bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com
Mon Oct 1 08:14:34 PDT 2012

Michael Meeks-2 wrote
> On Fri, 2012-09-28 at 10:33 -0700, bfo wrote:
>> This could be done on per project basis.  Unfortunately with
> 	Oh ! if we know that this is easy to turn on on a per product basis
> (ie. a simple bugzilla setting just for our product); then that is
> trivial to get turned on.

Hi.
I do not have a clue how this Bugzilla is configured, maintained and is it
customize-friendly, but you can control permissions in general either by:
- Assigning Group Controls to Products -
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/docs/en/html/products.html#product-group-controls
- Customizing Who Can Change What -
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/docs/en/html/cust-change-permissions.html
- having additional granular checks (just for LibreOffice product) as the
extension - example starts here
http://bzr.mozilla.org/bmo/4.2/annotate/head:/extensions/BMO/Extension.pm#L380
Unfortunately there is no "easy clicking in UI" way for setting granular
permissions, but extensions mechanism can help here.

Michael Meeks-2 wrote
> and incidentally, while I'm here -
> thanks for all the great work getting windows stack-traces into bugs -
> that really helps.

You do not need to thank me, I think I've seen those already in other
threads :). All I, or other potential BT makers, would like to see is a
comment in FIXED bug like "Good job! That helped a lot". ATM I do not even
know if I do those BTs right - nobody commented it.
Best regards.