Fehlermeldung / Bug in Libre-Office

Terrence Enger tenger at iseries-guru.com
Sat Oct 6 07:03:29 PDT 2012

On Sat, 2012-10-06 at 11:36 +0200, Alexander Ernst wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a Libre-Office-Calc Problem. I think it is really a
> "Libre-Office-Problem" and I don't know, who can help or who can solve the
> problem. The poblem is very annoying. :-/
>
> If I have opened more than one File, the function of "multi-tasking"
> between the Files will be lost after a short time. I use  Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
> on a Lenovo G550 notebook. The mistake comes, if I use different methodes
> to open existing spreadsheets a) double-Click with the Mouse-Pointer or b)
> I open the Spreadsheets through the Selection by arrow-keys and OPEN it
> with RETURN. I think, that is the reason for the mistake.

I seem not to have that problem with a recent version of LibreOffice,
but I am back on ubuntu-natty (11.04).  I have three spreadsheets
open; I will check that they are still responsive before I save this
message.

> My Solution is: I use the Working-Place-Button and devide the spreadsheets
> to all 4 possible Desktop-Screens. I reach the 4 spreadsheets only by the
> "Working-Place-Button" that is the only possibility to work with more than
> 1 spreadsheet.

My naive user-level assumption about the desktop-switcher is that an
application should be hardly at all aware of being on one desktop or
another.  Is this wrong?

> Thx for your time to read, I hope, my Mail reach a Developer who can solve
> the Problem.

The best way to get attention is to file a bug report
<https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/bug/>.  That page will prompt
you for some additional information--the version of LibreOffice that
you are using comes to mind--without which it is hard to help you.
This list, on the other hand, is used for code-level discussions.

HTH,
Terry.