[Libreoffice-commits] .: RepositoryExternal.mk

Noel Grandin noel at peralex.com
Wed Oct 17 02:48:02 PDT 2012

On 2012-10-17 08:37, David Tardon wrote:
> This is one of the idiosyncrasies of GNU make. Not using newline here
> may (will) cause problem when the "function" is called from foreach
> function.

Yuck.
The more I see stuff like this, the more I am convinced that gmake just
doesn't scale, and that for large projects (like LibreOffice), we should
just write our build scripts in some reasonably decent scripting language.

Maybe then, more that just the Jedi Gmake Masters could learn to debug
the stuff :-)