Trying to build on Windows, multiple target patterns

Jeremy Brown jeremy.r.brown at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 05:14:47 PDT 2012

OK, thanks everyone for the various suggestions.

(I was already using the patched LibreOffice make but it was worth checking.)

I'm attaching the contents of iacc.lib.d:948
I was also sometimes getting the same error for ianimcore.lib.d:1:

I enabled the --disable-dependency-tracking option, and running make
again I then got error dialogs stating:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: D:\Dev\l...
R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.

The errors in the build were:
Failed to load dynamic library: ...

for the following tests
workdir/wntmsci12.pro/LinkTarget/CppunitTest/test_i18npool_test_languagetag.dll
workdir/wntmsci12.pro/LinkTarget/CppunitTest/test_tools_test.dll
workdir/wntmsci12.pro/LinkTarget/CppunitTest/test_sot_test_sot.dll
workdir/wntmsci12.pro/LinkTarget/CppunitTest/test_svl_lngmisc.dll
workdir/wntmsci12.pro/LinkTarget/CppunitTest/test_basic_scanner.dll

The make process recommends:
Error: a unit test failed, please do one of:
export DEBUGCPPUNIT=TRUE            # for exception catching
export GDBCPPUNITTRACE="gdb --args" # for interactive debugging
export VALGRIND=memcheck            # for memory checking

Are there any recommendations on which one I should try?

Is there anything else I should try to resolve the errors about dlls
failing to load?

(I'm also going through the wiki page Flavio linked to and trying to
make sure my Cygwin environment matches what he has, but I haven't
finished going through the list yet. I was using a Cygwin package set
based on what is at
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Windows_Build_Dependencies,
but that has less packages that Flavio listed.)

Thanks,

Jeremy