Build Error

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Wed Oct 24 01:36:29 PDT 2012

On 10/24/2012 10:19 AM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 10/24/2012 07:28 AM, Joel Madero wrote:
>> Not that I know of. I haven't changed my method at all. I've been
>> basing my make
>> of the same ./autogen that I've been using for months.
>>
>> Do I have to change something? If so, suggestions on how to do it?
>> Appreciate
>> it, this is becoming an issue as I can't triage correctly without a
>> master build
>
> To track down what's really going on there, can you execute the three
> following lines each from a shell where you would issue the failing
> "make" and capture the output please:
>
>> echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
>> make cmd cmd='echo $$LD_LIBRARY_PATH'
>
>> cd sal && make -r
>> /data/git/libo/workdir/unxlngx6.pro/CppunitTest/sal_osl_file.test

Btw, what distro are you using, Debian/Ubuntu?

If this is not due to some LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting, I could see two
other reasons this problem started to appear for you:

Either /usr/lib/libuno_sal.so.3 newly appeared on your system (after
some package update, say) *and* it has always been the case that
ld-linux.so prefers libs from the ldconfig database and/or /usr/lib over
libs from LD_LIBRARY_PATH (where I doubt the latter part, though).

Or your ld-linux.so has changed behavior recently (after some package
update, say), to erroneously prefer libs from the ldconfig database
and/or /usr/lib over libs from LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Stephan