Build Error

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Wed Oct 24 08:19:23 PDT 2012

On 10/24/2012 04:57 PM, Joel Madero wrote:
> On 10/24/2012 07:28 AM, Joel Madero wrote:
>> Not that I know of. I haven't changed my method at all. I've been basing my make
>> of the same ./autogen that I've been using for months.
>>
>> Do I have to change something? If so, suggestions on how to do it? Appreciate
>> it, this is becoming an issue as I can't triage correctly without a master build
>
> To track down what's really going on there, can you execute the three
> following lines each from a shell where you would issue the failing
> "make" and capture the output please:
>
>> echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> /usr/lib

So that's the bug.  Having LD_LIBRARY_PATH set globally (esp. to a
directory ld-linux.so would consult anyway) is rather silly.  Given that
you did not add this setting yourself, I suggest you track down the
place where it is set now (this could be different files depending on
which shell you use; for bash, e.g., all of /etc/profile,
~/.bash_profile, and ~/.bashrc, plus any files sourced from there would
be suspects) and hunt down the alleged reason for that...

Stephan