compareToAscii( RTL_CONSTASCII_STRINGPARAM( "something" ) )

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Thu Sep 6 05:38:19 PDT 2012

Hi Stephan,

Stephan Bergmann píše v Čt 06. 09. 2012 v 11:12 +0200:

> > I wonder if it makes sense to introduce some kind of CONSTASCII_STRLEN()
> > macro that would make this more obvious, and convert the
> > rQAttributeName.compareToAscii( RTL_CONSTASCII_STRINGPARAM("xmlns:") )
>
> Not sure what you mean here.  (And there already is
> RTL_CONSTASCII_LENGTH, btw.)

What I meant was that by a different name, we'd distinguish the (old)
cases where RTL_CONSTASCII_STRINGPARAM() was inevitable in the past
(string construction, or so) from the cases where we are using that just
to count the length to get the "other" meaning of compareToAscii().

But that is a non-issue now when we do have startsWith(), thanks
Lubos! :-)

All the best,
Kendy