not delivering cairo on mac os x build

Riccardo Magliocchetti riccardo.magliocchetti at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 08:19:23 PDT 2012

Hello,

Il 05/09/2012 19:20, Riccardo Magliocchetti ha scritto:
> Il 05/09/2012 16:03, Riccardo Magliocchetti ha scritto:
>> Hello,

>>> --disable-librsvg
>>
>> Yes, i've spent the last few days on chasing down build issues related
>> to --enable-headless on linux and i'm down to three separate switches
>> (there is cups for sure and another package) i still need to compile
>> correctly. I've aready fixed two issues in master and plan to resolve
>> these issues in before end of week. Last famous words :)
>
> So this are the minimum switches i need to be able to compile latest
> master with --enable-headless, i don't think --without-java is needed
> but i don't need java here:
>
> ./autogen.sh --without-java --enable-headless --disable-cups
> --disable-graphite --disable-gnome-vfs --disable-librsvg

An update on this, i've pushed everything to master to compile with just
--enable-headless on linux, something is broken at runtime though :|

I've tried the same on mac os x and it failed quite spectacularly:
thousands (literally) of errors in mac os x frameworks and missing
definition for sal_* types. Since at least one mac os x tinderbox was
green I suppose these are problems with the headless switches i've added
to build file (GUIBASE == headless) that have assumptions that the OS is
UNX vs MACOSX. So looking through "git grep GUIBASE | grep headless"
results these places need a fix:

- vcl/Library_vcl.mk
- desktop/Module_desktop.mk
- postprocess/packcomponents/makefile.mk

Not sure what we are doing specifically on MacOSX that can break
headless. So there may be more breakage. Fun guaranteed!

So, Alex any chance you may want to experiment with this? I think it is
just matter of moving headless check before the mac os x one if they are
conflicting.

thanks,
riccardo