sal/config.g sal/types.h and sal/osl/rtl includes in general

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon Sep 17 09:48:12 PDT 2012

On 09/17/2012 06:25 PM, Michael Stahl wrote:
> i don't really think the performance benefit is that important; but
> including it in a central place would give a consistency benefit in
> whether assert is enabled, which sounds good to me...

...but why try and fight the Standard here?  I see no practical benefit.

We appear to have a handful of places in the code that fiddle with
NDEBUG, for apparently dubious historical reasons.  We should clean them up.

But why should anybody coming to this project not be able to expect the
assert mechanism to be working as advertised by the Standard?  (After
the above clean up, I assume there'll be no code left around that would
fiddle with NDEBUG.  But if there were, it would likely be for some reason.)

Stephan