LO build can not find external dependencies

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Thu Sep 20 03:15:20 PDT 2012

On 19/09/12 10:35, Henrik /KaarPoSoft wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to build version 3.6.2.1 from source on a Linux box.
>
> I want to use headers already on system and system installed versions of
> libraries as much as possible, so I pass --with-system-headers
> --with-system-libs to ./configure.
>
> The external dependencies are installed in /opt, so I
> export CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/include"
> export LDFLAGS="-L/opt/lib"
> before running ./autogen.sh

LibreOffice currently has 2 build systems; the new one should respect
these variables, but the old one probably does not, which effectively
makes them useless today.  you will probably have a better time by
setting PATH to /opt/bin and whatever variable is used by pkg-config, as
long as all the externals you have installed there have a foo-config
script or are pkg-config enabled the LO configure script should set
things up the right way.

another alternative would be to install a complete baseline (i.e. incl.
libc and everything needed) into some prefix and make use of the
existing GCC --sysroot support, but i've actually never done that in a
configure environment (i just remember that it was used to build OOo at
Sun), and you probably have to fix up some bitrot to get it to actually
work (reading configure it seems you'd need to set SYSBASE var).

> I also have
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/opt/lib"

apparently the new build system overwrites this always, guess nobody
ever needed to set this from the outside; you could try to edit various
occurrences in solenv/gbuild to prepend the values if it is already defined.