new gerrit-builds & unit tests ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Apr 4 09:59:57 PDT 2013

Hi David,

	I was wondering - what with your work on unit tests, and the sexy new
cross-platform auto-build thing whether we could combine the two to
improve the sal/ unit tests.

	Last I looked (and it may be a while back) the osl/ tests -looked- like
they were compiled and running but actually don't work ;-)

	eg. commit 85f33f177a54d2f26cf90128801d81e9e690e80f

	enabled the readline test; the key piece being:

+    CPPUNIT_REGISTRY_ADD_TO_DEFAULT( "osl_File" );

	Which actually then runs those tests ;-) [ and similar for the other
tests in osl/ IIRC ]. I notice that's disabled again in master. Last I
looked the problem was that it was easy enough to enable some subset of
those osl/ tests for one OS - but that testing them across the three
major ones was really not trivial so they were quickly disabled again.

	Is that something that might be a good target for testing the new
automated / cross-platform build magic ?

	HTH,

		Michael.