shutting down UNO ...

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon Apr 8 05:54:23 PDT 2013

On 04/08/2013 11:14 AM, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	I was surprised to discover (when re-working gengal) that if you do
> some drawinglayer operations then it is necessary to shut-down UNO by
> disposing some UNO component - before exiting - to avoid some rather
> nasty atexit / static cleanup SEGV :-) One of those things is triggered
> by importing svgs into galleries using gengal.
>
> 	I was wondering if there was some cppuhelper etc. place to publicise /
> centralise this fact :-) it seems we do it in desktop/ and also now
> gengal/. I append a trace of the clean shutdown path and the problematic
> one.

There's probably not much point in wrapping the component context
dispose call in a cppuhelper helper function, so maybe the best would be
to document in comphelper/inc/comphelper/bootstrap.hxx that the
component context obtained from the
cppu::defaultBootstrap_InitialComponentContext variants needs to be
disposed by the caller.

(That said, one could argue that the thing that is causing trouble in
the second case is rather the static data with destructor.)

Stephan