gbuild: i will have my build with less zips, please

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Tue Apr 9 10:20:56 PDT 2013

Hi David,

On Tue, 2013-04-09 at 15:27 +0200, David Tardon wrote:
> at the end of the last week, there landed in master a new feature that
> will allow us to do less zipping during build (and unzipping during
> installation).

	Nice work indeed ! :-) hopefully that will significantly speed up
make_installer.pl's overly-long-winded labours.

> In the near future, I am going to look for some harder cases where this
> might be applied. My latest branch (posted for review/test builds on
> gerrit) adapts installation of uiconfig files and avoids the need for
> special processing in postprocess.

	Great work; thanks for that !

	Having said that, I'm still suspicious that we prolly want to zip up
and distribute as a .zip our .uiconfig files for reasons of size,
fragmentation and reducing general packaging overhead & waste ? ;-) but
of course I'm not volunteering to write the impimagetree.cxx type impl.
to make that fly yet ;-)

	ATB,

		Michael.