Impress Remote Firefox OS / B2G

Andrzej J. R. Hunt andrzej at ahunt.org
Thu Apr 11 10:46:51 PDT 2013

Hello everyone,

I've started working on a Firefox OS version of the Impress Remote app.
Currently only TCP will be supported, hardcoded to use localhost (I'll
start working on Bluetooth once I obtain some suitable hardware,
hopefully by the end of the month).

At the moment the app only allows connecting to Impress and moving
forward by one slide. For now I'm concentrating on implementing  a full
backend (i.e. keeping track of presentation state and storage of slide
previews / notes), a prettier / more usable UI will come later.

For testing it is easiest to use the Firefox OS Simulator, which is a
Firefox (browser) plugin -- this needs to pointed at the sources in
firefoxos/sdremote. (Note: you need to restart the simulator before
updating the app for any changes to take effect.)

Screenshot of app in Simulator + Console  attached.

    Cheers,

        Andrzej