Removing C++ SDK examples, clearly encouraging Python extensions

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Mon Apr 15 03:38:12 PDT 2013

Olivier R. wrote:
> There is no error report if Python crash while running.
> There is no error report if there is a syntax error (except when installing
> extension, but not if you modify the code directly in extension folder).
> There is no stdout for the command “print”.

Hi Olivier,

I wonder - would much of the pain be gone if stdout/stderr would be
working? There are two tricks to achieve that, Tor recently mentioned
that

 editbin /subsystem:console soffice.exe

should do that - the other one can be found under the keyword devenv
on stackexchange. Also IIRC the visual studio has a window receiving
such program output. PyUno itself has various checks for a DEBUG
variable, I wonder if that could not be controlled via config.

If you would be willing to hack on improving our windows story here,
I'd be glad to help with code pointers.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten