GSoC-2013 Support for Firebird Database in Base

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 12:56:30 PDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 1:50 PM, Jitesh Varandani
<jitesh.varandani at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sir
> I'm a undergraduate from BITS Pilani pursuing my MSc in Information Systems.
> I went through GSoC ideas and i show my interest in LibreOffice database.
> I have a command in C and SQL as well as good experience on Linux.
> So please help me to as where to start and what else is required to do.

Hi Jitesh,

Welcome to the LibreOffice project!

Please take a look at the 'How to apply' section of our GSoC page for
the basic information you'll need to know about us and the way that we
work with Summer of code students:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/GSoC#How_to_apply

We're a strong proponent of people jumping in and hacking on the code,
so please clone the LibreOffice repo and take a look at the Easy Hacks
page:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Easy_Hacks#Easy_Programming_tasks

The developers' IRC channel is at #libreoffice-dev

Doing some QA work can be a great way to learn more about LibreOffice.
The QA Team is very friendly and always happy to introduce new people
to the project. Please feel free to join us in #libreoffice-qa and let
us know that you're an applicant for GSoC.

On a more personal note, I'm excited that you're interested in the
Firebird database work. Replacing HSQLDB has been a long-standing
request, and we'd all benefit from your work on this task. Good luck
with your application!

Cheers,
--Robinson 'qubit' Tryon