Patch for postgresql driver

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Fri Apr 19 09:26:59 PDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 09:39:59PM +0100, Wols Lists wrote:
> I've now got the patch done.

> Could someone with a postgresql implementation please test and push?

Thank you for your patch. From looking at it, it looks good to go to
me, but technically I wasn't able to apply it and we have some
administrivia to go through. Sorry for the administrivia, but we'll
need it only once.

I don't see a link to a license statement in
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Developers
Could you please confirm that this patch (and, to make things easier,
all your future contributions to LibreOffice) are licensed by you
under the MPLv2/LGPLv3+ dual license? Thank you in advance.

When I try to apply it with "patch -p1", it says:

patching file connectivity/source/drivers/postgresql/pq_connection.cxx
patch: **** malformed patch at line 71: @@ -527,6 +515,11 @@ static void properties2arrays( const Sequence< PropertyValue > & args,

When I try to apply it with "git am" it says:

Patch format detection failed.

"git apply" says:

fatal: corrupt patch at line 71

It looks to me like you created the patch with "git format-patch" and
then modified the resulting file (or email template), and somehow the
patch got corrupted in the process.

In general, the best is to either:

1) Use gerrit

2) Generate the patch with "git format-patch" and then attach the
   *whole* file to your mail (not "just the patch" as you did).

Both of these methods allow to use git "natively" to apply the patch,
and (assuming your git is setup properly) to automatically get your
suggested commit message and the information of authorship recorded
into git. For example, now I don't know whether the git authorship
email should be wolslists at youngmanorg.uk (like the wiki Developers
page says), antlists at youngman.org.uk (the address that sent this
mail) or the more personal address you used to correspond with me by
email in the past. Please advise. I'm also not sure whether you'd like
the authorship name to be "Anthony W. Youngman" or "Anthony Youngman".

Could you please regenerate the patch so that I can apply and test?
Thank you in advance.

Since you have to regenerate the patch anyway, a rather minor nitpick:
I'd prefer C++-style cast rather then C-style cast:
 static_cast<int> (SAL_N_ELEMENTS( keyword_list ))
rather than
 (int) SAL_N_ELEMENTS( keyword_list )

An even better solution would be to make the "j" variable of type
size_t instead of int (that is, the same type as "SAL_N_ELEMENTS(
keyword_list )".

--
Lionel