Master branch now requires liborcus 0.5.0 or higher.

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Tue Apr 23 05:55:32 PDT 2013

>  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_%28computer_programming%29
>  "Classes are composed from structural and behavioral constituents."

Of course, using such a definition, even Fortran IV code consisted of
classes!

> which is _exactly_ what gbuild does in the best way supportable in make.

Best way supportable? It is not hard to imagine even more
elaborate/elegant/complex way to write code using GNU Make
functions/macrosthat would make possible actual OO concepts like
inheritance and virtual functions. Like not defining functions directly but
through some meta function, and calling functions of some class through a
meta-function that would handle looking up the method in a class
inheritance hierarchy etc. No, I don't think that would be a good
idea necessarily. But surely you are suffering from some kind of bias if
you think the current situation is the best possible.

> GObject also uses this vocabulary in a non-OOP language and if it wouldnt,
> it
> would be even harder to grok the concepts. ;)

C is a completely different language than Make macros.

--tml