Hang/crash in templates

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at suse.cz
Thu Apr 25 04:29:00 PDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 01:08:47PM +0200, Lionel Elie Mamane <lionel at mamane.lu> wrote:
> So I gather that "the issue" is that saving this document makes
> LibreOffice eat unreasonable amounts of memory.

No, saving the docx attachment as odf is (more or less) fine. But then
reading back the odf results in eating too much memory, yes.

> That does not give me
> enough data to make a guess (does this document have anything specific
> regarding times?). I'll try to run it under gdb/valgrind, but I've
> pulled on my master checkout and done only a partial rebuild, and the
> binary does not start for me. I've started a full rebuild, but that
> typically takes hours.
>
> If you can point valgrind/gdb it yourself and point me towards the
> place / stacktrace that allocates "a lot", I can look at that place
> and see if I get inspiration (before my build finishes).

TemplateContent::TemplateContent gets an INetURLObject, and the next
assert fails, as GetProtocol() is INET_PROT_NOT_VALID. If you step up
the backtrace in gdb, you see that the "URL" was ~memory garbage.

On the other hand, for now I would just change back the cache format.
Does that make sense?

I mean if you are OK with pushing
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~vmiklos/lo-core/commit/?id=83544b27f3dcfb132b3eb46d387f62ebc9c3e160
to master. And then this can be still discussed (if it's OK to change
this format or not, if hundred/nano seconds matter for templates or not,
etc) without being in a hurry.