MariaDB configure error with autogen.sh

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Fri Apr 26 17:08:57 PDT 2013

On 27/04/13 01:02, Wols Lists wrote:
> On 26/04/13 11:12, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 10:54:22AM +0100, Wols Lists wrote:
>>> Just building a new libreoffice, and --with-systgem-mariadb is
>>> complaining that mariadb 5.5 is too old, it wants 5.0 or 5.1 :-)
>>
>> Please show us the output of "mariadb_config --version". Thanks.
>>
> anthony at tigger ~ $ mariadb_config --version
> -bash: mariadb_config: command not found
> anthony at tigger ~ $ emerge --search mariadb
> Searching...
> [ Results for search key : mariadb ]
> [ Applications found : 1 ]
>
> *  dev-db/mariadb
>       Latest version available: 5.5.30
>       Latest version installed: 5.5.30
>       Size of files: 29,076 kB
>       Homepage:      http://mariadb.org/
>       License:       GPL-2
>
> anthony at tigger ~ $
>

> Hmm ... so that means I need to track down where mariadb_config has
> disappeared ...

I've found it ...

tigger anthony # mysql_config --version
5.5.30
tigger anthony # emerge --search mysql
Searching...
[ Results for search key : mysql ]
[ Applications found : 47 ]

*  dev-db/mysql
      Latest version available: 5.1.67
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Size of files: 26,054 kB
      Homepage:      http://www.mysql.com/
      License:       GPL-2

So on gentoo they haven't changed the name, it's still called
mysql_config despite me having mariadb installed and no mysql.

Hmmm ... what do we do now?

Cheers,
Wol