Branch Management

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Tue Aug 13 00:44:34 PDT 2013

Joel Madero wrote:
> I think the wiki just needs a bit of clarification for noobs using
> multiple branches like me as the instructions don't warn about
> things like double submitting changes if you commit multiple changes
> from different branches.

Hi Joel,

which wiki page had the misleading or insufficient info? Note that
since you commit locally, git log -p will always show you the change
that _actually_ went in. And assuming you're on the master branch,
'git log -p origin/master..HEAD' will also show you what new commits
would go out, would you git push.

HTH,

-- Thorsten