Performance Issue on Loading Expert Config (a.k.a About Config Utility)

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Mon Aug 19 02:33:27 PDT 2013

Efe Gürkan YALAMAN wrote:
> Did some profiling with a few more toplevels given:
> -Page load is too slow because of CuiAboutConfigTabPage::FillItems.[2]
> -Figured out ListBox is the main cause of the issue.
> -Thorsten sent a patch about this issue to me. It was putting toggles for
> setting update mode.[3]
> -I put it outside of the method on local. It improved performance. Reduced
> the wait time from ~20mins to ~15sec with "/" as an only toplevel.

Hi Efe,

hmm, so I think most of the work in FillItems seems redundant, I
wonder if there is another listbox subclass that is better suited for
this kind of usage (Caolan, in Cc, might know).

Failing that, let's look into dynamically updating the content (either
stick 100 items into the listbox, then reschedule, or make use of this
SvListView concept - FWICT, that should allow you to show items from
your own internal container on demand).

HTH,

-- Thorsten