Strange loop in SwDoc::GetExtTextInput

Matteo Casalin matteo.casalin at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 26 03:55:53 PDT 2013

Hi all,
      I stumbled upon the following loop [1] on a Ring, which seems
wrong to me:

SwExtTextInput* pTmp = (SwExtTextInput*)mpExtInputRing;
do {
     //
     // do something that does not modify pTmp nor mpExtInputRing
     //
} while( mpExtInputRing != (pTmp = (SwExtTextInput*)mpExtInputRing ) );

from my understanding it processes just mpExtInputRing item and then
exits. I think that it should be something like:

do {
     //
     // do something
     //
     pTmp = (SwExtTextInput*)pTmp->GetNext();
} while( pTmp!=mpExtInputRing );

Am I missing something, is the loop to to be fixed as suggested of to be
removed completely?

Cheers
Matteo

[1] SwDoc::GetExtTextInput, at the end of
core/sw/source/core/doc/extinput.cxx