broken backwards compatibility with certain old charts

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Sat Aug 31 01:44:49 PDT 2013

I'd like to draw your attention on my commit

ommit b090cbdf82e0827234caf5969124f6631311ef35
Author: Lionel Elie Mamane <lionel at mamane.lu>
Date:   Fri Aug 30 18:00:21 2013 +0200

    fdo#68663 don't blindly force categories when there are none

    Change-Id: If52ea471ee3ca10e2f69d2fcd7b3ae0d5772bfc3

If the comment is right (which is not always the case in the
LibreOffice codebase...), then I've just broken reading of categories
for these kinds of old "files with own data without a categories
element but with row descriptions".

This code was pretty much unconditionally always adding categories,
although I could see no trace of "row description" in the charts
generated by Report Builder; by force-adding categories, this was
leading to fdo#68663.

So, if anyone has a clue how to make that "force-add categories"
conditional to the presence of these mysterious "row descriptions",
I'd be happy to collaborate to add this (now properly conditional)
"add categories" back.

We would also need to revert the subsequent -Werror cleanup

commit ccf7b15c0a5776c6431fdcb0c0e2b0f3935ae3dc